ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for White-on-Black or Transparent Menu-Less Text Displayer

(1/13) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
I have created a number of checklists for flight simulator.  But, having another Notepad window open to read the text line (checklist item) is quite distracting and the white background of the window makes things difficult to see for night flights.

In a perfect world, it would have the ability to show red, white, etc. text anywhere I moved it over the flight simulator window with an "Always-on-Top" capability.  It would have the ability to shrink to show only one line at a time and possibly with the ability to program a joystick button to move the cursor down one line at a time.

Okay, so this isn't a perfect world, so I will settle for a menu-less, border-less text editor with the capability to make the background black and the text white or green (sort of like Q10).  It would have the ability to shrink it vertically to only see one line at a time.

Another possibility would be an app that can display text one line at a time.  Kind of like the way a spread sheet can hold text.  Feel free to ask for any clarification or better explanation.  I just want to see one line of text at a time and only the text with or without a border.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

4wd:
Stickies ?

Enable Scrollbars in Options, write your list then resize the sticky to display one line, you can scroll through each line using the mouse wheel.

Font, background colour, and opacity can be set to whatever you like.  They can be set to be On Top, don't know how it would go with a flight simulator though, (works over normal Windows programs).

Deozaan:
ImgFloat ?

CodeTRUCKER:
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll test drive them and see if they will work.  :)

CodeTRUCKER:
Stickies ?

Enable Scrollbars in Options, write your list then resize the sticky to display one line, you can scroll through each line using the mouse wheel.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Font, background colour, and opacity can be set to whatever you like.  They can be set to be On Top, don't know how it would go with a flight simulator though, (works over normal Windows programs).
-4wd (September 09, 2015, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
I give up... how does one "Enable Scrollbars?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version