ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for White-on-Black or Transparent Menu-Less Text Displayer

<< < (2/13) > >>

4wd:
I give up... how does one "Enable Scrollbars?"-CodeTRUCKER (September 10, 2015, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Right-click on the tray icon, select Options:

Looking for White-on-Black or Transparent Menu-Less Text Displayer

MilesAhead:
Searching for a free Windows editor that has optional menubar I found this link:
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Hide_toolbar_or_menus_to_see_more_text

vim may be a bit different than most Windows editors.  But it may not feel that foreign for your purposes.

I didn't check to see if the background color is configurable but I would be surprised if not.  Likely there is a vim variant that has more options if this one doesn't do it.

CodeTRUCKER:
@4wd - Thanks for the help.  I wasn't aware there was an "Options" via the systray icon. 
-- Do you happen to know if the down arrow key can be bound to move the cursor down a line when another program (flight simulator) has the focus?

@MilesAhead - I had wondered if Vim might work, but Vi and me never got along too well, so ran and hid. 

4wd:
-- Do you happen to know if the down arrow key can be bound to move the cursor down a line when another program (flight simulator) has the focus?-CodeTRUCKER (September 10, 2015, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think so, you're kind of restricted to what hotkeys you can set (and their purpose) in the Options.

You'd probably need a small AHK script to send captured down keys to Stickies as wheel-down when the FS window has focus - someone knowledgeable in AHK (which I'm not :) ) should be able to do it easily.

wraith808:
ImgFloat ?

-Deozaan (September 09, 2015, 09:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the nod!  I think that Reference Overlay Tool would be sort of up the alley... but it doesn't show text, it shows images.  I can whip something up to do this with no problems using the same framework, however... what other features did you want?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version