ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for White-on-Black or Transparent Menu-Less Text Displayer

<< < (11/13) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Just uploaded a new version of TextOverlayTool that might solve your problem.  Again, it depends on whether your application is Full Screen, or Full Screen Windowed.  If it's full screen, it would require a lot of low level coding and display via the mechanism it is using to draw, i.e. OpenGL or DirectX.  If it's fullscreen windowed, this should work.
-wraith808 (September 15, 2015, 08:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I mentioned above I cannot use Full Screen.  I can only use windowed mode, so you're safe there.  I'll give it a test and report back.  Thanks.

CodeTRUCKER:
Just uploaded a new version of TextOverlayTool that might solve your problem.  Again, it depends on whether your application is Full Screen, or Full Screen Windowed.  If it's full screen, it would require a lot of low level coding and display via the mechanism it is using to draw, i.e. OpenGL or DirectX.  If it's fullscreen windowed, this should work.
-wraith808 (September 15, 2015, 08:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not working yet, but is the ahk_class, "TextOverlayToolView" or something else?  The "TextOverlayToolView" as ahk_class does not work.

wraith808:
Hmmm.. that's the class in C#.  I haven't worked in AHK much... what is it actually looking for?  The name?  Or the Handle?

I found this.. .maybe it could be wrapped up to get the window class that AHK is looking for?

--- Code: Autohotkey ---WinGetClass, class, AMsgBox, The active window's class is "%class%".

CodeTRUCKER:
Unfortunately, that code will only give the class of the active window which can only be a folder or the Desktop.  I will be researching how to read the class of desired "active" window instead.

@MilesAhead - I might be able to use the existing script if I can make it Always-On-Top.  How can I do that?

wraith808:
http://ahkscript.org/docs/commands/WinGetClass.htm

It looks like it's the active window for that one declaration.  You can use the window title or text to get it also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version