ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for White-on-Black or Transparent Menu-Less Text Displayer

<< < (10/13) > >>

app103:
Good call, April!
Thanks.

-CodeTRUCKER (September 15, 2015, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, was that the issue?

CodeTRUCKER:
Good call, April!
Thanks.

-CodeTRUCKER (September 15, 2015, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, was that the issue?
-app103 (September 15, 2015, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't been able to test extensively, but the testing I have done has not deleted my checklist/note yet.  Besides, it makes sense.  I have been hitting the "X" thinking it was a "Close" button like you surmised.  I am glad you pointed me to it.  Also, with your explanation I have been able to identify the "random" behavior.  What was happening has been my random choice to open Notezilla (and therefore the checklist note) versus letting the automation handle it.  I have been unwittingly deleting the checklist.  The good news is Notezilla does not have this "bug."  I thought my report was strange given the stability and popularity of the app.

Obviously, I haven't read the manual yet, but will do so as I need to discover the yet unknown capabilities.  My apologies to Conceptworld and y'all for the inconvenience of a "false positive."

CodeTRUCKER:
FloatingWords has been my goto StickyNote thing. but it's definitely more intrusive than you want.
This is a great idea and may solve my problem of needing a constant reminder of Keys and Commands while playing a game. Thanks!
-wyrwolf (September 15, 2015, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

wyrwolf, you may want to take a look at this... Run two instances of desktop coral?.

wraith808:
Just uploaded a new version of TextOverlayTool that might solve your problem.  Again, it depends on whether your application is Full Screen, or Full Screen Windowed.  If it's full screen, it would require a lot of low level coding and display via the mechanism it is using to draw, i.e. OpenGL or DirectX.  If it's fullscreen windowed, this should work.

app103:
I have been hitting the "X" thinking it was a "Close" button like you surmised.  I am glad you pointed me to it.  Also, with your explanation I have been able to identify the "random" behavior.  What was happening has been my random choice to open Notezilla (and therefore the checklist note) versus letting the automation handle it.  I have been unwittingly deleting the checklist.  The good news is Notezilla does not have this "bug."  I thought my report was strange given the stability and popularity of the app.
-CodeTRUCKER (September 15, 2015, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was using v7 when I recommended it to you, upgrading to v8 right after. Had I not done that, I wouldn't have known about the X even being there. As you can see in my original screenshots, it had the trash can there, instead of the X.

That change in the UI threw me off a bit at first, too. I was looking for the trash can when I wanted to delete a note, not immediately associating X with deleting (like you, my mind has been trained to think X in that position means close). I was hunting all over the place for the trash can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version