ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[Request] Debugging Tool for Dynamic Verbs in Context Menus

<< < (3/3)

worstje:
Well, it isn't meant to be that way. It just grew that way. With enough effort, anything ought to be possible. But that is imho something that requires a lot of time, effort and... money. (I think a commercial company would be the only one with enough staying powe to make it actually convenient to use and easy to understand...)

MilesAhead:
Well, it isn't meant to be that way. It just grew that way. With enough effort, anything ought to be possible. But that is imho something that requires a lot of time, effort and... money. (I think a commercial company would be the only one with enough staying powe to make it actually convenient to use and easy to understand...)
-worstje (September 04, 2015, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Plus you have to figure Explorer has so many quirks that if it is ever fixed it will need to be a complete rewrite.  MS is ignoring it as long as possible.  But some day they may have to byte the bullet and do it.  Which will erase all the utilities that hook into it.  When it does happen it will likely be a surprise.  Who would invest in something with not much in the way of return?

gr3gw:
Thank you worstje and MilesAhead,

This discussion has, believe it or not, taken me forward on how to deal with context menus, particularly the dynamic verbs created through shellex\contextmenuhandler.

My new approach will be to manually map out what verbs could appear in menus from All Files, Folders, Directories, and All System Objects. Knowing the dynamic verbs may or may not appear, and if they appear not necessarily in a predictable order, I will have a logical basis for trimming the context menus. (Randomly pruning the context menus is a recipe for disaster.) I'm doing this not just to make the context menus more pleasing to the eye but, in the first instance, because many are longer than the height of my screen. Not only do they take a long time to generate, the verb I'm after, Properties, is right down the bottom! :-)

Thanks again,

MilesAhead:
I'm doing this not just to make the context menus more pleasing to the eye but, in the first instance, because many are longer than the height of my screen. Not only do they take a long time to generate, the verb I'm after, Properties, is right down the bottom! :-)
-gr3gw (September 04, 2015, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have noticed this on my Laptop.  Especially with only 768 vertical pixels it fills up with junk fast.  Although in my case I was able to get it to fit by setting many programs to use  submenus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version