ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Unity Errors in Configuration File

(1/1)

wraith808:
This could be subtitled How I've wasted 2 days 3 times on 3 different projects

I have a common logger, that allows me to inject different behaviors depending on how I want to log.  It works well.  But Unity configuration sucks!  Or it might just be me.

And when I say unity, I mean the unity application block, not the unity for gaming.

So at the top of my configuration file, I have the following to register the System Information Gathering module for the application:

--- Code: Text ---<register type="ISystemInformationProvider" mapTo="SpecificInstanceSystemInformationProvider" name="SpecificInstanceSystemInformationProvider">  <lifetime type="singleton"/></register>
Then later on, I have to use it.

--- Code: Text ---<register type="ILogBehavior" mapTo="CriticalErrorEmailNotificationBehavior" name="CriticalErrorEmailNotificationBehavior">  <lifetime type="singleton"/>  <constructor>    <param name="formatter" dependencyName="CriticalErrorEmailFormatter"></param>  </constructor>  <property name="Recipients">    <array>      <value value="[Redacted]"/>    </array>  </property>  <property name="SMTPServer" value="[Redacted]"></property>  <property name="From" value="[Redacted]"></property>  <property name="SystemInformationProvider" dependencyName="SpecificInstanceSystemInformationProvider"></property></register>
Notice that the SpecificInstanceSystemInformationProvider dependency is in there twice.  But I always forget the second one... and the resolver complains about the FIRST one when the SECOND one is the problem, because I still have the class for the default use, instead of replacing it.  I know... search and replace.  But I just do a C&P on the first one... and then spend 2 days looking for it.

ARGH!  It's really cool... when I can get past my own stupidity and unity's build up error reporting!  I just had to rant... I have a love/hate relationship with Unity...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version