ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

urgent free AVG expired request!

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
Back at home when I put the pen-drive in my machine, AVG stops and reports virus and I format it. This is a routine.
--- End quote ---

ha! I suppose if the pen-drive ever came back WITHOUT a virus you'd get suspicious, huh?  ;D

TaoPhoenix:
As a more general answer I should say that I'm more of a satisfactionizer than an optimizer when it comes to system tools -- once a tool works well enough i tend to stop looking for the best tool..
-mouser (September 06, 2015, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yay for Mouser creating words!

I'm a *terrible* "Satisfactionizer" !

(Much to the chagrin of a few coding snack people here!)

It comes from a stunning disparity of skills. With the existing known-coded features of programs, I'm kinda good at getting "A few extra Gigawatts out of these babies" (Scotty, Star Trek TNG, Relics), but when the low level stuff starts to crack, I'm doomed. I noticed about a week ago that something that was churning my disk drive and/or fan suddenly isn't. It's close to the time frame that I did a sloppy hand-block of TaobaoProtect, probably acquired near the time I got the bright idea to install Firefox Chinese Edition. (And that thing! It tries to re-copy itself into like four locations! All I did was crudely chop it with a woodcutter, it could be lurking still, in some zombie state!)

So I am so much of a Satisfactionizer.

"If your system is still alive, abuse it some more, because at this rate, Microsoft deprecates OS'es faster!"

:o   ;D

anandcoral:
Back at home when I put the pen-drive in my machine, AVG stops and reports virus and I format it. This is a routine.
--- End quote ---

ha! I suppose if the pen-drive ever came back WITHOUT a virus you'd get suspicious, huh?  ;D
-mouser (September 08, 2015, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

You bet, if it happens though I doubt. They are still using XP, you see. :)

mouser:
"Satisficer", maybe?

Innuendo:
As a more general answer I should say that I'm more of a satisfactionizer than an optimizer when it comes to system tools -- once a tool works well enough i tend to stop looking for the best tool..-mouser (September 06, 2015, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wish I was more like that. I don't rest until I feel like I have the best tool for the job and even then I keep an eye out going forward just in case something changes and something else becomes better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version