ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Readon HD 7310 Blurred text with overall faded look

<< < (3/3)

Innuendo:
It is a Toshiba Laptop using the built in screen.  I am using the highest res.  1366 x 768 which says Recommended.  I suppose I could try some of the 12nn x 768 for grins.

Edit:  I tried all the other resolutions and the text looks even worse.-MilesAhead (September 07, 2015, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

That it's a laptop adds another layer of complexity. Some laptop manufacturers have customized mobility drivers that one must install in order to have a satisfactory experience. Installing vanilla drivers off the AMD site results in sub-par performance.

MilesAhead:
It is a Toshiba Laptop using the built in screen.  I am using the highest res.  1366 x 768 which says Recommended.  I suppose I could try some of the 12nn x 768 for grins.

Edit:  I tried all the other resolutions and the text looks even worse.-MilesAhead (September 07, 2015, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

That it's a laptop adds another layer of complexity. Some laptop manufacturers have customized mobility drivers that one must install in order to have a satisfactory experience. Installing vanilla drivers off the AMD site results in sub-par performance.

-Innuendo (September 08, 2015, 06:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since it came preloaded would not the driver be from the Toshiba set?  Another fly in the ointment with this is the only model number I have to work with is c55D-A which hardly narrows it down.  But I see many posts on Toshiba forums about fuzzy text and no mention of special drivers.

But I will take a look.  For Firefox this userChrome.css helps a bit
font.weight 800 important

but I haven't found a way to do it in chrome browsers.

Edit: from the bottom label it is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop C55D-A5201
I don't know why they just didn't put the whole number on the top label.  Duh.  :)

MilesAhead:
Ok I found a driver posted in July on Toshiba site.  Supposedly it is a 15.200x driver.  It's a very slow download.  But maybe around noon I will be able to try it.

Edit: I don't understand.  It has the same 14.301.x AMD video driver.  The only thing different was an option to install "application profiles" whatever they are.  I installed them.  But everything looks the same.

MilesAhead:
To hell with it.  I set minimum font size in FF and chrome to 18.  In chrome I set the font to Ariel Black.  At least now I can read the text.  :)

Readon HD 7310 Blurred text with overall faded look

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version