ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Readon HD 7310 Blurred text with overall faded look

<< < (2/3) > >>

Innuendo:
That blurry text almost looks like a resolution issue. What screen resolution are you running over there, Miles?

I've had Radeon cards for years & my old HD 5850 just keeps trucking along. The only trouble I've had is a bug in their most recent drivers with Diablo 3, but a work-around has been found for that so it hasn't impacted me significantly.

Shades:
In my case I understand the sentiment of both sides. I have a Radeon 4670 (Sapphire) and that is a very reliable card, supports 2 monitors with different resolutions using the latest AMD driver that is intended for that card even in Windows 2012. I love this card. Before this card I always had ATI cards and these were great as well for their day.

However, I did upgrade to a newer Radeon HD 6450 (XFX) with the 15.6 version of the AMD driver and it doesn't properly support 2 monitors. Not in Windows 7, not in Windows 8, not in Windows 2012. I don't dare to try the new 15.8 beta driver as exchanging drivers is much more of a headache than it used to be. Compared with Nvidia's offerings on the low-end scale...the Nvidia's just work (like the old school ATI's and early AMD's did).

This last AMD card sure tempered my love and lust for the latest AMD graphic card offerings. I still think there isn't much wrong with the hardware itself, but the drivers (software) are a piece of sh.t. Now I don't know if the drivers are as problematic when they are combined with the high-end AMD cards, but I sure as hell won't spent a pile of money to find that out.

Unless AMD gets their drivers in order for their cards in every price range, my 15 year stint with ATI/AMD will end and my next video card will be a Nvidia. 

MilesAhead:
That blurry text almost looks like a resolution issue. What screen resolution are you running over there, Miles?

I've had Radeon cards for years & my old HD 5850 just keeps trucking along. The only trouble I've had is a bug in their most recent drivers with Diablo 3, but a work-around has been found for that so it hasn't impacted me significantly.
-Innuendo (September 05, 2015, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is a Toshiba Laptop using the built in screen.  I am using the highest res.  1366 x 768 which says Recommended.  I suppose I could try some of the 12nn x 768 for grins.

Edit:  I tried all the other resolutions and the text looks even worse.

MilesAhead:
@shades the weird thing is I didn't try the 15.x driver for a long time because it is still labelled Beta.  It has been out for quite a while to be a beta.  It's like they gave up on it.

MilesAhead:
For some reason I don't understand a 15.x driver package released this July has a 14.100.0.0 video driver.  What the machine came with.  But I did find a package with a 14.300.x driver.  I can't tell if it is any better but it seems to be no worse than the 14.100.x.  Only the driver wants to instll and I had to kill the hung installer.  But at least video still looks as good as the 14.100.x

I think I will quit unless something better pops up.
I switched the browser font to Ariel.  It is a bit easier to read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version