ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Readon HD 7310 Blurred text with overall faded look

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
I updated my Laptop to the late3st drivers since it has had blurry text since day one.  Now it is even worse.  It seems the more I try to adjust it with Catalyst Control Center the worse it gets.  I tried "reset to factory defaults" and that was no improvement.

With the old driver at least video looked good.  Now video seems to have too much brightness.  Of course no matter how I calibrate color, brightness, contrast, gamma, there is no improvement.

Here's a screen shot to show how crappy text looks in any browser.

Readon HD 7310 Blurred text with overall faded look

dr_andus:
I updated my Laptop to the late3st drivers since it has had blurry text since day one.  Now it is even worse.  It seems the more I try to adjust it with Catalyst Control Center the worse it gets.  I tried "reset to factory defaults" and that was no improvement.
-MilesAhead (September 04, 2015, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

It sounds to me like you got off lightly  ;) I have also recently updated Catalyst Control Center + driver and it wrecked my Win 7 PC (in collaboration with AVG, which 'helped' prevent a system restore, so I'm stuck with a half-bricked machine) . I will recount my story in a separate thread, as I'd like to ask for help with an in-place upgrade of Win 7 (which I never had to do before). But I will never ever update CCC again and will try to avoid AMD Radeon in the future, if I can help it.

MilesAhead:
I took the easy way out and restored the Macrium image.  At least text is slightly less blurred and video does not look washed out.

US Open Tennis is happening this week and next.  Usually the Women's Singles Quarters have the best matches(next Tuesday.)  Last year they showed live video of 7 courts for free.  This year I don't know if you get to watch on ESPN3 if you go through the usopen.org web site.  But if you are on a .edu domain you get free ESPN3 access anyway.

It looks like Serena will tie Steffi Graf's records barring some misfortune.

dr_andus:
I took the easy way out and restored the Macrium image.
-MilesAhead (September 04, 2015, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

It sounds like I have to learn how to do that to avoid these kinds of disasters in the future...  :(

MilesAhead:
I took the easy way out and restored the Macrium image.
-MilesAhead (September 04, 2015, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

It sounds like I have to learn how to do that to avoid these kinds of disasters in the future...  :(

-dr_andus (September 04, 2015, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I recommend it.  Even the free version in 6.x comes with WinPE 5.x.  Of course nothing is totally fool proof.  Now that I am using the incremental backup it is worth buying as it avoids having to make a complete backup every time as I used to do.  It makes it practical to save an image even if you only installed a few utilities.

Of course with all these you have to make sure your hardware is totally compatible by actually saving an image and restoring it or at least booting the restore program and checking you can see the backup images on the media.  I had a series of HP Media Center towers and it seemed like every time I assumed the new tower was close enough to the old that the imaging program I am using should work without issue, some unpleasant surprise happens when I actually have to restore.  I had to jump around to various imaging brands due to minor HD controller differences.

But if the hw is not an issue these things are point and click now.  Very intuitive to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version