topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: db90h makes news with his linksys router hack  (Read 5553 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
db90h makes news with his linksys router hack
« on: June 26, 2006, 09:52 PM »
db90h is a member here.. he's been working on router hacking stuff for a while now, keeping us informed on the irc channel.. seems he had a bit of a breakthrough recently.. this is from slashdot (http://hardware.slas...2121232&from=rss):

"The world's most ubiquitous wireless access point is free to run Linux again, thanks to a brilliant hack by db90h, aka Jeremy Collake. No soldering is required, as Collake's 'VxWorks Killer' nixes the WRT54G's VxWorks bootloader and installs a normal Broadcom one, allowing Linux to be installed easily.

from http://hardware.slas...2121232&from=rss

moerl

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: db90h makes news with his linksys router hack
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 10:00 PM »
All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS! I'm proud to hang out in the same channel as the man that gave the world this "brilliant hack"! Eeeeehehe :)
Well done! I'm sure it took tons and tons of time and work. Certainly was no easy task! A man's gotta know what the hell he's doing when he gets something like this done.. as Ali G would say: "Ressspeeeeekt!"

gjehle

• Joined in 2006
  • lonesome linux warrior
    • View Profile
    • Open Source Corner
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: db90h makes news with his linksys router hack
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 06:52 AM »
nice hack

tho i prefere the older wrt54g, like my 1.1, which comes with more ram and flash as the vxworks version (since vxworks has much smaller footprint than normal embedded linux solutions)