ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official CMS Migration Progress Thread - September 2017

<< < (29/35) > >>

ewemoa:
I presume you are referring to the top page.

I don't have a specific design in mind, but one idea that came up was whether it might be possible to get the top page to be simple and sparse enough to fit on a single screen (i.e. no scrolling necessary).  Sorry to not have any mock-ups.

mouser:
Yeah I mean the top home page of the site..

Some have said it would be good if it were a more dynamic page -- like to show the most recent blog items on it.  But then the alternative idea is to keep it super simple as it is now.
But as it is now, the new cms home page is even more minimalist than the current donationcoder.com homepage, which at least has a 3 images on it corresponding to 3 sections..

ewemoa:
I don't suppose having one or more varying parts be visible without having to scroll is doable?  The "May we recommend" portion is not visible here unless I scroll all the way down -- it's just a guess but perhaps not that many random visitors would scroll down to find that portion and it seems a shame as IMHO the recommendations from DC are one of its (varied) appealing points.

mouser:
Those bottom sidebar elements are intended to be optional and never very important, so I don't think it's important if they are not noticed.

mouser:
One of the improvements to the new cms site is that it should look pretty responsive on small screens (mobile devices) now, with the sidebars hiding and the top nav bar menu collapsing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version