ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official CMS Migration Progress Thread - September 2017

<< < (25/35) > >>

Contro:
So there are a few things I could use help with:

* I could use a few people to go through the entire new site and look for typos, spelling errors, and other ways text could get improved on any given page, and to report these suggestions to me.
* I could use a few people to look for more general suggestions of ways the site appearance could be tweaked -- not looking for major change ideas at this point, just images or layouts that could be improved a bit.
* I could use one dedicated and detail oriented person to help build the big redirect list mapping old urls to new urls.  This won't be a fun job but it's a critical one that will make all of the old urls automatically redirect to new ones.  This job basically involves taking a list of the few hundred old urls and finding where on the new site the best matching new page is, and then building a list of these pairs.
* I could use a few people going through old (current website) and looking for pages that might have been missed and not reproduced on the new site.  This job has overlap with the one above.
Volunteers?
(The new cms is hidden behind a password protect, so I will give you password to access the site.)
-mouser (October 07, 2017, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I submerged twice weeks ago in the oldest posts and Renegade website seems down.

Contro:
To be honest, I am starting to be curious. :)

Still, there is that saying: "90% of any software related project takes 90% of the time, the remaining 10% takes the other 90% of the time..."
-Shades (October 07, 2017, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pareto ?
 ;D

IainB:
mouser: re « Reply #116 on: 2017-10-07, 15:59:18 »
So there are a few things I could use help with: ...
-mouser (October 07, 2017, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
My apologies, but, for some time now I had meant to bring up this observable disparity (evident in the forum web pages in comment EDIT mode), seemingly between views on Chrome-based and views on IE browsers. I forgot to mention it until today, when I again noticed it and had time to do a proper capture and document a record of the thing.
Not sure whether it has been documented by anyone before, but here it is anyway:

mouser:
How strange! I wonder if its an add blocker on your end doing it, or if its some css code in the forum display that i am not aware of.

IainB:
How strange! I wonder if its an add blocker on your end doing it, or if its some css code in the forum display that i am not aware of.
-mouser (October 11, 2017, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Spot-on!
I disabled BadAdJohnny for the DC domain, refreshed the page, and that restored the Youtube icon/button. Can see it now as I edit this.
Thanks.
Now I wonder why BAJ picked on only that button?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version