ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official CMS Migration Progress Thread - September 2017

<< < (22/35) > >>

mouser:
Hey Carol!
Yeah, that's not a bad idea..

Though I think I have a pretty good solution in place with some custom extensions I've written (I've enjoyed writing joomla extensions).
With my approach the page content of parent pages is dynamically generated from the menu structure, to yield parent pages that look like those shown here.
Perhaps the nicest thing about this approach is that if pages are added and moved around, those parent pages are automatically always up to date.

mouser:
Keep the suggestions coming!

Deozaan:
Maybe update the topic of this post to say [Current Year]  :P

Tuxman:
I find submenu structures on websites rather counter-intuitive. You'll most likely have to perform severe "trial-and-error" about where to find what you are looking for.

Carol Haynes:
Hey Carol!
Yeah, that's not a bad idea..

Though I think I have a pretty good solution in place with some custom extensions I've written (I've enjoyed writing joomla extensions).
With my approach the page content of parent pages is dynamically generated from the menu structure, to yield parent pages that look like those shown here.
Perhaps the nicest thing about this approach is that if pages are added and moved around, those parent pages are automatically always up to date.
-mouser (September 27, 2017, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice

Whatever you do don't be tempted by the Kunena forum software (flippin' nighmare!!) - keep is as a separate thing with a matching theme!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version