ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official CMS Migration Progress Thread - September 2017

<< < (21/35) > >>

Ath:
That 'internal advert' is something that really ad(d)s something to the site. :Thmbsup:

mouser:
The menu used does seem a bit sluggish in some places.
--- End quote ---
I'll look into it..

One thing that I'm fairly sure will change before the real site goes live is that those deep menus will change to only be 1 level deep.
Having the super deep menus in the navigation bar is fun to be able to see the entire site structure, but I think it may be a bit overwhelming.

So for example there won't be this:

And instead the navigation bar will just show the 1st level children of the "Software" section, and from there you will navigate the page content to get to specific programs.

Ath:
What isn't too obvious in the menu, is that you can click on every level in the menu and get to see the page from that point on, allowing to navigate deeper down if desired. Then the sluggishness is extra confusing, as it seems nothing happens after clicking...
Removing that huge menu structure is going to take away that confusion I guess :up: though giving feedback after clicking would still be really nice.

mouser:
What isn't too obvious in the menu, is that you can click on every level in the menu and get to see the page from that point on, allowing to navigate deeper down if desired... Removing that huge menu structure is going to take away that confusion I guess
--- End quote ---

Yes, exactly.  That is one of the main motivations for removing the deep structure -- otherwise it is not at all clear that those intermediate items in the menu are actual (important) pages.
Removing the deep structure in the navigation bar will eliminate that problem and people will need to progress through the pages to reach a deep page.

Carol Haynes:
Sorry just saw this thread ...

Glad you are liking Joomla

What I have been doing is using a combo of drop  down and cascading vertical menus

Check out www.tanyaanisimova.com and look in the Tanya and Sheet Music Menus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version