ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official CMS Migration Progress Thread - September 2017

<< < (19/35) > >>

ewemoa:
Is starting with an organization similar to the current one (w/ IainB's suggestion incorporated) and then changing it incrementally over time an option?

Deozaan:
My only suggestion is to make sure the link to get/find/make a license key is super easy to find. Maybe even put it into multiple drop-down menus (such as Software -> Get a License Key, and Help -> Get a License Key, and Licensing -> Get a License Key) so that you'd have to try really hard to miss it.

I don't know why so many people seem to have such a hard time with finding their key, but I think implementing something like the above would do a lot to help alleviate the problem.

mouser:
Deozaan, yes it should be much easier to find the page and get your key on the new site.

Ewemoa, yes one of the big benefits of the new cms is that it will be easy to rearrange things.  Though hopefully we will be able to come up with a fairly stable organization during beta testing.

mouser:
A few more screenshots of the new cms..

The new License Key landing page:

Each section expands to show a little more info.
Clicking the free license key page instantly provides the user a temporary (60day?) license key on the screen.  Much simpler process than the current site and should be a lot less confusing for folks.

mouser:
Instead of the old help database, which was ok, we now have a series of FAQ sections, again using expanders to minimize information overload:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version