ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official CMS Migration Progress Thread - September 2017

<< < (12/35) > >>

Deozaan:
definitely an issue we have to figure out.

one of the nice things about the new cms is that on cms pages we now have a sidebar showing recent posts on the FORUM that are related to that page. So software pages now show the most recent posts about the program from the forum section for that program.
-mouser (February 02, 2016, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've seen some sites where blog posts posted create a forum thread for that post- their forum is the commenting system for the blog.  That might be a way to consolidate the conversation.
-wraith808 (February 02, 2016, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto on this one.

The blog entry is the first post in a new thread, and has a link to the thread for anyone who wants to leave feedback. An example of this can be seen on http://playstarbound.com/

ewemoa:
I'll certainly keep you updated on this though but if you have any thoughts on how you would like it to work, please let me know - Any ideas are very welcome  :D
-Stephen66515 (January 17, 2016, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

What mouser said about being able to edit docs using the CMS system sounds important and useful -- at the same time, the option of being able to work with one's preferred tools (e.g. for editing) and then with minimal fuss update/post would be nice.

On a separate note, I may have missed it, but is there a link or three to be examined for a sneak preview?

KynloStephen66515:
I'll certainly keep you updated on this though but if you have any thoughts on how you would like it to work, please let me know - Any ideas are very welcome  :D
-Stephen66515 (January 17, 2016, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

What mouser said about being able to edit docs using the CMS system sounds important and useful -- at the same time, the option of being able to work with one's preferred tools (e.g. for editing) and then with minimal fuss update/post would be nice.

On a separate note, I may have missed it, but is there a link or three to be examined for a sneak preview?
-ewemoa (February 03, 2016, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll leave the first one to mouser (Seeing as editing off the website is something I have no clue about) :)

2nd: Nope, no preview link - asked mouser to lock it down because it's more fun to be able to surprise people when it's closer to completion (because, right now, things change, a LOT, so anybody who sees it, won't get a true representation of what to expect ^_^) - Though, if mouseman wants to offer a preview, then that's up to him :D

superboyac:

1) Sites with both a blog and a forum need to be careful about 'diluting' user content into blog comments and forum replies

definitely an issue we have to figure out.

one of the nice things about the new cms is that on cms pages we now have a sidebar showing recent posts on the FORUM that are related to that page. So software pages now show the most recent posts about the program from the forum section for that program.
-mouser (February 02, 2016, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
that's really cool.

KynloStephen66515:
*drumroll please*

Here is a little sneak peak at the forum posts in the sidebar!

Those posts are pulled live from the forum so never need to be manually updated :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version