ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Official CMS Migration Progress Thread - September 2017

<< < (10/35) > >>

mouser:
A main benefit of using a cms is that authors will be able to directly edit their articles in the CMS system, using Markdown (or Markup, etc etc)  formatting language and media/image manager, and the CMS includes a versioning system.

rgdot:
CMS includes a versioning system
--- End quote ---

:up:

40hz:
I definitely think supporting markdown would be great. I'm a big fan of that. Simple, sweet, and gets the job done.

KynloStephen66515:
Update:

The greater majority of the sites primary pages have been translated into the CMS - These include (but are not limited to):

• All of the top level pages on the website
• All of mousers Software pages
• Some 'Level 1' pages (About/Privacy Policy etc)

Obviously there is still a whole bunch of work to do (mainly because there are a LOT of pages on DC) but a lot of the older pages won't actually be translated into the CMS and will just be moved as a basic page (no point spending ~1 month doing the pages that nobody ever uses anyway) - If there is a call for it, then pages can be moved over 1-by-1 after the site is launched (So if you think a page we didn't move should be moved, just let me know, and I will move it over!)

One thing I am still really excited about is the prospect of seeing the site constantly updated by anybody who writes articles for DC.  These will all be given a nice place to live on the main website rather than just a forum post, and the writers can keep things up-to-date far more easily through their own Editor Admin Page!

If anybody has any questions, then feel free to ask and I will happily answer!

tomos:
Sounds great Stephen (& mouser of course) :up:

One thing I am still really excited about is the prospect of seeing the site constantly updated by anybody who writes articles for DC.  These will all be given a nice place to live on the main website rather than just a forum post, and the writers can keep things up-to-date far more easily through their own Editor Admin Page!

If anybody has any questions, then feel free to ask and I will happily answer!
-Stephen66515 (February 02, 2016, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

1) will there be the ability to comment on/below articles?
2) will wiki-type pages be a possibility? (apologies if discussed before, I havent reread thread...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version