ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any free portable pdf editor with these features?

<< < (4/5) > >>

wraith808:
One minor thing: "Extract page" will not lead to "Delete page".
-Curt (September 02, 2015, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

It will if you do it in the way that was described.

I want to delete page 2 of a 10 page document.  So I select page 1, and pages 3-10, and extract them.  I end up with a document that does not have page 2.

yogi22:
Adobe Acrobat 8 PRO is neither portable nor supported, however by visiting the following site, with a bit of work you can install a fully functional version of this formerly pricey program. It has worked very well for me.
kk
http://blog.stead.id.au/2013/01/installing-adobe-acrobat-pro-8-on.html

moongose:
Check the PdfToolkit

TaoPhoenix:
Adobe Acrobat 8 PRO is neither portable nor supported, however by visiting the following site, with a bit of work you can install a fully functional version of this formerly pricey program. It has worked very well for me.
kk
http://blog.stead.id.au/2013/01/installing-adobe-acrobat-pro-8-on.html
-yogi22 (September 16, 2015, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting, though that looks too complex for me! (  "...then do the following steps ... download these updates and install them in the correct order ..." ) 

I have less complex needs than all that, and if I ever really need to do power house work, I might be able to justify affording a full Acrobat 11 or something.

TaoPhoenix:
Check the PdfToolkit
-moongose (September 16, 2015, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

From their page:

"Requirement 1:
Free Adobe Reader

Requirement 2:
Free GhostScript 8.63 (10MB)"

So I guess there's an efficiency effect going on here - that people want to preserve parts of the "freemium" effect and not just release a full featured competitor to Adobe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version