ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How are we all getting by with our reading organization/tracking post-RSS?

<< < (2/5) > >>

eleman:
I'd also disagree with RSS being dead. I'm an almost exclusively desktop user, and I like bamboo feed reader a lot. I guess it wouldn't fit your use case though.

IainB:
After migrating my multifarious lists from Google Reader to Basqux, I haven't seen any difference except for the better, and as for those sites that only give "limited content" - well, in Bazqux, there's a button you can press that fetches the contents using Readability ... and that seems to cater adequately with all but a few stubborn websites.
Bazqux is also pretty good at figuring out the appropriate RSS/Atom/etc. feed for sites that don't seem to declare that they have one. Very few really don't have one, and those few I monitor with Update Scanner, if I want to.

phitsc:
+1 for Bazqux. And +1 for RSS not being dead.

I have a huge list of web sites I track/read almost exclusively using Bazqux.

anandcoral:
RSS is alive, yes  :Thmbsup:

After Google Reader died, I looked around and settled with commafeed. All my feeds work and am happy with the clean and lean interface.

Regards,

Anand

wraith808:
RSS is alive, yes  :Thmbsup:

After Google Reader died, I looked around and settled with commafeed. All my feeds work and am happy with the clean and lean interface.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (September 01, 2015, 06:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
  Thanks for that!  Looks even slimmer than The Old Reader!  But, with depending on donations and what has historically happened (RSS is a lot more resource intensive than people think, so takes more server resources than one would think), I'm not sure about switching over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version