ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (80/81) > >>

Ath:
I think Contro found an issue in the [ code=language ] forum-tag. When pressing the 'Select' link and copying the content to the clipboard, each line is prefixed with 4 spaces, the space the line numbering takes in the view. When using no language in the code tag, all seems to work just fine.
I'd qualify this as a bug in (probably) the plugin that handles this layout task for the forum.

Test it here:

--- ---A multi-line block of text hidden
in a code tag without
a language applied to it
--- Code: AutoIt ---Another multi-line snippet of textin a code=autoit tag, it shows line-numbering and highlighting for any recognized keywordsis shown
Using the select link on the second code block and pressing Ctrl-C to copy to the clipboard, then pasting in an editor, each line has 4 excess spaces in front of it. :huh:

This shouldn't be an issue for most languages, but for Python it is, and for the other languages it is a nuisance, not quite easy to fix for non-programmers as they don't understand why it isn't working as expected...

mouser:
Ah good point.. let me try to fix.

mouser:
It may be a browser issue -- what browser are you using? Have you tried chrome?

Ath:
It may be a browser issue -- what browser are you using? Have you tried chrome?
-mouser (February 20, 2017, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Darn, it is indeed most likely browser related, tried before with Firefox and Pale Moon (a FF derivate), but in Chrome there is no such issue :o

In IE it is even worse, there it includes the line numbers and inserts an extra blank line between each line :'( (but I only use IE for an internal work-site that uses ActiveX stuff, phew)

Examples:
Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

I'll have to take my complaints elsewhere, I guess :-[ ;D
Thanks for the feedback, didn't expect that.

mouser:
Well probably a better solution, which I think I did on the old forum, was to add a button/link to click to explicitly copy the code to clipboard, and have that do the copy instead of using Ctrl+C, and then use js there to ensure the copy is always properly done without extra spaces or line numbers.  But until then at least you have the workaround of using chrome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version