ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (67/81) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Surely we need some color!  :'(
-mouser (September 10, 2015, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree.  White is just too... white.  Especially at night.
-wraith808 (September 10, 2015, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's a fascinating social question here somewhere because about a decade of Cyberpunk lore made dark colors "the thing", until the "masses" decided "White feels safe".

Now I don't know what anyone thinks of Light Blue.

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

When I used fractal flames made with apophysis as wallpaper the File Explorer white background was really distracting as the flames usually had a dead black background.  It was like glare.  A regular on a system modding forum changed the Aero theme to have Antique White as the Explorer background color.  It made a big difference.

I have trusty ColorToggle FF extension if needed though.  :)

tomos:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

yeah, I find white background too bright nights as well.
I do like the current colour scheme, but wonder if a slightly lighter grey background would be better for more contrast with the text.

rgdot:
Most forums have theme switcher mods (drop down somewhere in the footer) too. I believe smf does but probably not actively maintained if I had to guess.

mouser:
smf does have the option to let users switch themes -- but because our dc theme has been thoroughly modified and customized at nearly all levels, its not practical to let user switch between other stock themes.
I could however, look into how easy and clean it would be to offer the opportunity to change dc coloring/css themes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version