ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (63/81) > >>

rgdot:
This is not a request or want, just a repeat of a personal preference:

My earlier impression stands, few days have passed and I can not get used to background colours of the posts and quotes. The background gets more difficult on my eyes on the page I check for new posts every time (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=recent;dense).
I remember mouser mentioned earlier that DC should retain a certain individual look, I would not include text background colours in any individualilty.

I would like to repeat that this is just my so called preference.

mouser:
Can we have an option to show all messages in a thread in one long page without any page break ? It will help me a lot.
-anandcoral (September 09, 2015, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have added an undocumented/secret feature for this, add ";perpage=#" at the end of your request when viewing a topic, for example ";perpage=500".

However note that such requests might put an unacceptable load on the forum if too many people start using it at the same time, so we may have to remove the feature or reduce the max (currently set to 1000) if this proves to be the case.

mouser:
My earlier impression stands, few days have passed and I can not get used to background colours of the posts and quotes. The background gets more difficult on my eyes
-rgdot (September 09, 2015, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Im open to changing the colors, though i think i like them.  But I think what would really be useful in a more general sense is if someone could post (or point us to) a nice tutorial on ways to customize the css for any site you visit using different browsers, by overriding css definitions on a per-site basis.  Then perhaps people could share some dc-specific css site overrides for different looks?

anandcoral:
I have added an undocumented/secret feature for this, add ";perpage=#" at the end of your request when viewing a topic, for example ";perpage=500".
-mouser (September 09, 2015, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I works  :Thmbsup: Thanks a lot. :)

Normally I or anybody else will not use it. We will use it only if we find interest in a message in a topic, which has become few pages long, and want to read back messages and find clicking 'prev' or 'next' time consuming.

Regards,

Anand

rgdot:
I used Stylebot for Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha/related?hl=en) and added this for myself

--- Code: CSS ---div.post_wrapper {    background-color: #ffffff;} td.stickybg.windowbg.toptictablecol_subject {    background-color: #ffffff;} td.windowbg.toptictablecol_subject {    background-color: #ffffff;} blockquote.bbc_standard_quote {    background-color: #ffffff;}

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version