ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (57/81) > >>

Deozaan:
Was making all hyperlinks bold chosen to get larger message-titles?, as those are also hyperlinks. I expect those would have their own css style.
-Ath (September 07, 2015, 06:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

it was one to make it easier to identify clickable links. 
-mouser (September 07, 2015, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok I have switched to a default of non-bolded hyperlinks; i still bold them in a few places (like inside posts) to make them more readable, but elsewhere back to non-bolded.
Remember to hit F5 to force a re-load of the css file to see the changes.

Let me know if you folks like this look better or worse.
-mouser (September 08, 2015, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

IMO the bolded links in posts are still hard to see because their color is very close to black. They should be more obviously blue or some contrasting color to the default text color so that they stand out.

EDIT: After further investigation, I've realized it's the "visited" link color that is hard to distinguish from the normal black color.

dr_andus:
I sort of got used to the bold after a while, though I found it a bit disruptive at first. But now I find the non-bold version too small and hard to read. Maybe the problem is not so much that it is not bold but that the font is of a too skiny variety. I had to zoom in on the page to make it more readable.

wraith808:
I sort of got used to the bold after a while, though I found it a bit disruptive at first. But now I find the non-bold version too small and hard to read. Maybe the problem is not so much that it is not bold but that the font is of a too skiny variety. I had to zoom in on the page to make it more readable.
-dr_andus (September 08, 2015, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

This.  Though I didn't have to zoom in, the font itself is less readable.

Deozaan:
I agree. In the (upcoming) age of high DPS screens, I'm finding the default font/size to be quite thin and small. We could do with a thicker font, or the current font being bumped up a couple sizes.

Not so much for the font used in forum posts, but just about everywhere else. Such as the "Quote" links in the top right of each post, or the "breadcrumbs" links at the top of the page, etc.

JavaJones:
I was just noticing it seems small too, after visiting one of my other forums (default SMF config basically). But if I look at the CSS inspector it appears to be the same size and font. Looking at it I think for me it may be the fact that the background color is another shade of blue, it gets a little lost then, whereas on my forum links are dark-ish red. Which is to say, something is not working as well (for me) on this forum vs. the other one, but using the same solution may not be appropriate here as it is there. Perhaps change font size a bit? Maybe that's no less drastic than Bold...

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version