ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (52/81) > >>

mouser:
I'd expect 1 name (and not my own) to "stand out from the crowd", here
-Ath (September 07, 2015, 02:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok i see the nature of the problem -- in the current css stylesheet we are using on DC, all hyperlinks are bolded automatically, to help distinguish them.  That makes the use of an <em> or <strong> impossible (or near impossible) to see.

There are actually a few places where em (or strong) is used on links, like in emphasizing buddies on member list (or it turns out on sticky topics) -- but most of the time it's sort of redundant.  The buddies on member list is an exception.

I have two choices for how to fix:

* First, I can stick with our style of always bolding hyperlinks, and differentiate memberlist buddies (and indeed, if we like, all strong hyperlinks) with different css (making font larger, italic, dif color).
* Second, we can reconsider whether its wise to bold all hyperlinks.
Both fixes are easy -- the real question this raises is whether we should be bolding all hyperlinks -- and i need some opinions on this.

So let's set aside the issue of highlighting buddies in member list -- i'll solve that once we answer the question of whether all hyperlinks should be bolded.

I do find it makes it easier to identify hyperlinks when they are bolded.  I have experimented with unbolding hyperlinks locally and one problem I have is that it becomes then very hard to distinguish visited hyperlinks from normal text (or alternatively from non-visited links).

Help me decide, here are some screenshots to compare:

Bold hyperlinks:
Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

Non-bold hyperlinks:
Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

Opinions? Which do you prefer?

Ath:
Was making all hyperlinks bold chosen to get larger message-titles?, as those are also hyperlinks. I expect those would have their own css style.

Non-bold hyperlinks could be somewhat problematic in trying to hit the now thinner links when working on a small device, like a phone or tablet, can't test that currently :(

mouser:
Was making all hyperlinks bold chosen to get larger message-titles?, as those are also hyperlinks. I expect those would have their own css style.
-Ath (September 07, 2015, 06:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

it was one to make it easier to identify clickable links. 

mouser:
Regardless of whether I change the hyperlinks to be bold or not, i have used a different color for buddies on memberlist so they should show up differently -- so that should solve that problem.

We still need to decide whether to keep hyperlinks bolded (see screenshots to compare).

mouser:
All I know is that this orange-apple image, enlarging underneath the YouTube screen, is the first time it has happened (to me).
-crabby3 (September 07, 2015, 05:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I understood your image, but couldn't reproduce the problem, and decided it was probably something we could ignore or at least file as low-priority problem for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version