ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (39/81) > >>

tomos:
Ps, with the info board up top right next to "Forum Home", it's def saving me a lot of scrolling!
-TaoPhoenix (September 02, 2015, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

what do you mean by 'info board'? --
I presume it's not what mouser calls the 'info-center' -- the active threads etc, but cant figure out what it might be...

EDIT// I presume you mean the boards - were they much further down in the past?

phitsc:
I've tweaked the search function a little bit -- I think i fixed a bug where it was returning less results than it should.  And I also added an option to bypass the search index on the advanced search form -- this will result in a slower and more thorough search for partial word matches, and is able to search for words less than 4 characters.  Normal indexed searching is appropriate for most searches, but you now have an option if you can't find something with a default search.
-mouser (September 02, 2015, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

dr_andus:
Ps, with the info board up top right next to "Forum Home", it's def saving me a lot of scrolling!
--- End quote ---

I presume it's not what mouser calls the 'info-center' -- the active threads etc, but cant figure out what it might be...

-tomos (September 03, 2015, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe he meant the "Info Center":

This is a great feature, maybe it should be explained someplace prominent, so less frequent or new members also realise that it is possible to move the Info Center to the top by going to: Profile > Forum Profile > and adding "-topinfocenter" in the Custom options box:

TaoPhoenix:

Yes Dr. Andus,Ps, with the info board up top right next to "Forum Home", it's def saving me a lot of scrolling!
--- End quote ---

-tomos (September 03, 2015, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe he meant the "Info Center":

[ Invalid Attachment ]

This is a great feature, maybe it should be explained someplace prominent, so less frequent or new members also realise that it is possible to move the Info Center to the top by going to: Profile > Forum Profile > and adding "-topinfocenter" in the Custom options box:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

-dr_andus (September 03, 2015, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, you nailed it Dr Andus, that's exactly what I meant - I missed the right word for it. (But I really thought it had a different name in the old version!)

And yes, it's not at all obvious to newcomers that a custom line in their profile can move it!

tomos:
^ Ah okay - you had moved the info-center - I thought you were talking about the default setting.

I still wonder if the info-center / active-thread should be on top in the default setting (I guess it would have to be separated from the other info, but dont know really - must try it at the top myself, see how I like it).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version