ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (38/81) > >>

ewemoa:
well one way it could be done very easily and safely is this:
i could add a profile field to each users profile, where they could write custom BBC code (which would include the ability to use url links),
and then the forum would display that text at the top (bottom) of the forum pages FOR THAT USER ONLY.

so basically a way of letting users add their own custom links/text. near the built-in forum menu -- that would affect them only.
-mouser (September 02, 2015, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is the sort of thing I had in mind -- but may be it's premature.  Was curious about the difficulty of implementing such a thing and what the computational costs might end up being.  Of course, this is all very vague :)

of course this is really not any different than users using their own greasemonkey scripts, just a bit easier -- but much less flexible.

--- End quote ---

It seems possible that for the share buttons (some are iframes?) by the time Greasemonkey gets to remove the related nodes, it may be "too late" in the sense that one's info might have leaked to certain sites.  Not certain -- may be someone else knows better?

mouser:
by the time Greasemonkey gets to remove the related nodes, it may be "too late" in the sense that one's info might have leaked to certain sites. 
-ewemoa (September 02, 2015, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

well that could certainly be true for the social media buttons and google analytics code -- that's why i added an option for that.

ewemoa:
Appreciate it -- thanks :)

ewemoa:
BTW, noticed in the console of a browser the following when viewing DC Forums:

This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.

--- End quote ---

Any opinions on this?  Looking at DC's certificate, I think I also see SHA-256 so may be it's not a problem.

TaoPhoenix:

Ps, with the info board up top right next to "Forum Home", it's def saving me a lot of scrolling!

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version