ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (35/81) > >>

mouser:
Perhaps a little icon overlay on the thread icon on the left, like a little "reply arrow". If there is only one icon with no indicators for anything, what is the point of the icon anyway?
-Jibz (September 02, 2015, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've added a second icon to the Unread posts page -- i may try to find a more subtle indicator, but let's try this.

wraith808:
On a side note, how hard would it be to have a user-templatable area * near the top/bottom of a given page?
-ewemoa (September 02, 2015, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

can you elaborate on what you had in mind for me to add?
-mouser (September 02, 2015, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think that the way that you're doing it, i.e. coding the customizations and then making a label available, would be better than giving the users the ability to add code to the page.  Spammer and Security nightmare, IMO.

mouser:
I think that the way that you're doing it, i.e. coding the customizations and then making a label available, would be better than giving the users the ability to add code to the page.  Spammer and Security nightmare, IMO.
-wraith808 (September 02, 2015, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

well one way it could be done very easily and safely is this:
i could add a profile field to each users profile, where they could write custom BBC code (which would include the ability to use url links),
and then the forum would display that text at the top (bottom) of the forum pages FOR THAT USER ONLY.

so basically a way of letting users add their own custom links/text. near the built-in forum menu -- that would affect them only.

of course this is really not any different than users using their own greasemonkey scripts, just a bit easier -- but much less flexible.

mouser:
You may have notice that i've tweaked the css to make visited links darker than non-visited links -- it was initially the opposite.  I think this makes more logical sense.

mouser:
What do people think of the default option to show a popup messagebox when you receive a new personal message on the forum?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version