ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (30/81) > >>

dr_andus:
And Mouser has suggested an alternate page with even more stuff, but somehow that extra page "blows my info capacity fuse" and I can't look at it often.
-TaoPhoenix (September 01, 2015, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is it really better than the recent topics page: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=rtopics
Do you want me to create a new standalone page similar to the list on the main page, but with more entries (or larger font)?
-mouser (September 01, 2015, 10:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

As Tao said above, the recent topics page ends up being a bit too much to take in in one glance. The beauty of the Info Center  is that it's small and concise, so a quick look gives an idea of the amount of activity that had taken place and whether there is anything worth checking out further.

The current layout already requires a lot less scrolling, so that's an improvement. Personally I'd just prefer the box at the very top, so landing on the main page immediately tells the visitor what's been happening, without the need to scroll or click on another page.

TaoPhoenix:
The links should be changing colors as you visit them, but:

* The color difference is subtle.
* You may have to hit F5 to reload the css on the page to see the changes.-mouser (September 01, 2015, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see it on IE8 but not on Pale Moon or FF Dev Edition.
-TaoPhoenix (September 01, 2015, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

dont know if it's been changed since - but it's working here in PaleMoon
-tomos (September 01, 2015, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, still not for me. But then it's not a big deal for me and I'm not above it being another quirk of my system. (Ask Skwire! )  But I'd think I can't be the only one it's not doing that for, maybe it's some combo of turning off history or something with the AwesomeBar or who knows what else.

wraith808:
And Mouser has suggested an alternate page with even more stuff, but somehow that extra page "blows my info capacity fuse" and I can't look at it often.
-TaoPhoenix (September 01, 2015, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is it really better than the recent topics page: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=rtopics
Do you want me to create a new standalone page similar to the list on the main page, but with more entries (or larger font)?
-mouser (September 01, 2015, 10:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

As Tao said above, the recent topics page ends up being a bit too much to take in in one glance. The beauty of the Info Center  is that it's small and concise, so a quick look gives an idea of the amount of activity that had taken place and whether there is anything worth checking out further.

The current layout already requires a lot less scrolling, so that's an improvement. Personally I'd just prefer the box at the very top, so landing on the main page immediately tells the visitor what's been happening, without the need to scroll or click on another page.
-dr_andus (September 01, 2015, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps if the collapse could be remembered on the info center, it wouldn't matter to people that don't use it that it's there.

anandcoral:

2. The guest image, if temporary then ok, else I will suggest some blank face type image there.
--- End quote ---
im happy to get a replacement!

-mouser (August 31, 2015, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

These and similar I use for staff / user photo place holder in my apps. See if they can change the current big smiley, as it does not indicate that it is the guest image. The images are as an idea and can be reduced or similar small image used.

Further if I press Enter after user name in Forum, then it asks for password but shows 259200 minutes to stay connected. I think it is six months converted to minutes, but looks, well...too mathematical.

BTW inserting attachment is big hurrah now  :Thmbsup:

Regards,

Anand

mouser:
Personally I'd just prefer the box at the very top, so landing on the main page immediately tells the visitor what's been happening, without the need to scroll or click on another page.
-dr_andus (September 01, 2015, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

go to the new custom options line in your Forum Profile area and add:
-topinfocenter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version