ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (25/81) > >>

rgdot:
Didn't mean to say you are doing it improperly, just curious with small things I notice

mouser:
I've added some initial, minor anti-spam tricks.

Let's see how we do against spammers now. And how bad the false positives are..

phitsc:
I tried the '-nosocial' thing and it seems to work, thanks.

But may be we can call it 'antisocial' or '-social' instead? ;)

On a related note, is there a way to view the content of a thread in a way such that one can see reply to a particular post appearing immediately after the post-being-replied to?  I think this is sometimes referred to as a "threaded" view (e.g. one of gmane.org's views is like this).  May be there's other ways, but with that type of view, it might be easier to follow some of the "contained" sub-discussions...
-ewemoa (August 31, 2015, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now I have this in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n5xJPaFIRM

Ok, could be worse I guess ;)

phitsc:
Concerning the translate box: harmless, yes, a distraction non the less.
-phitsc (August 31, 2015, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

For Firefox, the Remove It Permanently add-on seems to work toward this end.

For Chrome, I tried Page Eraser, but didn't figure out how to get it to work across an entire site.

Just tried Stylebot with some success -- right click on element, choose 'Stylebot', choose 'Style Element', look for the 'Layout & Visibility' section, and click on the 'Hide' button.  Not ideal perhaps and may not work specific elements only, but at least it can hide the 'Translate' pop-up...

Don't know about other browsers / platforms.
-ewemoa (August 31, 2015, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestions ewemoa!

Nevertheless, @mouser, I would prefer '-translate', if it's easy to do.

Ath:
In the "Info Center - Active Topics" section would it be possible to re-enable the feature where it shows "Re:" at the start of the title for posts that are replies (as opposed to brand new threads without any replies)? This made it possible to distinguish at first sight between a new post without replies, and an older discussion with new replies.
--- End quote ---

fixed -- and discovered a substantial inefficiency in the code making that list, so forum should be a little faster to load now too.
-mouser (August 31, 2015, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Now there is only one thing missing from the Active Topics list: (1) I can't recognize the links that I've read from the ones I haven't read; On old DC the link-color changed after visiting he link, but on DC2 the link color stays exactly the same :o This may be due to the color-scheme in the theme, I can't tell, but it is a nuisance hunting down the unread links from the Active Topics list.
Unlike mouser, I also look at this list when returning to the DC browser-tab, press refresh and see a couple of new/updated messages.
From that same workflow comes the request (of others, but I'm joining) (2) to have an Unread Replies button/link at the bottom of the forum frontpage, like old DC had :-[ it also has the list of active users, including buddies (not yet (3) highlighted like old DC had, hope that's returning too, like (4) buddy management in the profile that I couldn't find yet) and the latest new member that I try to recognize for palindrome- and other nice numbers :tellme:

So that's 4 issues/requests... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version