ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (24/81) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Anand said:
2. The guest image, if temporary then ok, else I will suggest some blank face type image there.
--- End quote ---
im happy to get a replacement!
-mouser (August 31, 2015, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cody!
:D

mouser:
There is a good reason to use offsite images -
--- End quote ---
offsite images definitely have their place, and you can still use them on dc by manually using the [img][/img] tags, but we don't show a button for that in order to reduce use of it to a minimum and only by more advanced users.

TaoPhoenix:
I've modified the Image button to explain better how to use the inline attachment feature, and removed the button from the Quick Reply bbc editor, since there is no way to attach files from the quick reply editor.
As has been discussed above, my intent for this button is largely to serve as help for those who don't yet know how our inline attached images work -- and therefore it is mainly about explaining to the user how to attach an image and refer to it.
As deozaan pointed out above, if you want to quickly insert an inline image you can use the new button down by the Attach Choose File buttons.  So there are solutions both for newbies and advanced users.
-mouser (August 31, 2015, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, at least for me, it's just not enough!
It took me ten minutes to create this post in the basement comparable to the older system. (And even then there could be a couple of tweaks I'm sure!)

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36055.msg387977#msg387977

I had to make my own sig to remind me of the syntax and even then the order of the images kept getting scrambled, or the bottom of the post, or stuff.

:(

rgdot:
mouser when you quote a post there is no 'from:..." is it by design or?  :tellme:

mouser:
its only because i am failing to use the quote button due to bad habits -- and instead doing a manual "select -> copy -> paste".
 i'll try to do it properly from here on out and select then hit Quote button.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version