ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (20/81) > >>

JavaJones:
There's something about the formatting of the Unreal All page that kind of bugs me, but I can't put my finger on it. Other than that the new site is pretty good aesthetically, and functionally it's great, snappy, etc. Well done mouser!

- Oshyan

phitsc:
Is there any way I can hide the social media buttons and the translate drop down box at the bottom of each page? I don't need them and they bother me.
--- End quote ---

If you go to the Forum Profile page of your profile, you will now see a new "Custom options:" item.  I will now use that for supporting miscelaneous advanced/custom options.  If you put -nosocial in that box, it will no longer add the social bookmarking items to your forum pages, or google analytitcs code, protecting you from any privacy concerns.  Translate box still shows because it is completely harmless.
-mouser (August 31, 2015, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot!

Concerning the translate box: harmless, yes, a distraction non the less.

rjbull:
The first things I do on login in is look at the bottom of the home page to see the recent Active Topics, look at Unread Replies to my posts, and new topics since last visit.  I can more or less see these in the new GoTo dropdown, but, replies to my posts is showing what looks like replies to all topics I ever posted in.  I've marked them all as Read now so should only see new posts, but, in the old system, there was an option to mark topics as no longer of interest and to be ignored.  Is that option still available, please?

mouser:
I've modified the Image button to explain better how to use the inline attachment feature, and removed the button from the Quick Reply bbc editor, since there is no way to attach files from the quick reply editor.
As has been discussed above, my intent for this button is largely to serve as help for those who don't yet know how our inline attached images work -- and therefore it is mainly about explaining to the user how to attach an image and refer to it.
As deozaan pointed out above, if you want to quickly insert an inline image you can use the new button down by the Attach Choose File buttons.  So there are solutions both for newbies and advanced users.

mouser:
rj, can you elaborate a little bit -- since i don't often view the pages that show replies to my posts, i'm not familiar with what used to be shown/possible from there.

or to put it a different way -- im not sure if you are saying that there was a page of replies that used to behave differently, or use to have additional options, or if you are saying just that you used to be able to ignore topics on a one by one basis -- and if the latter -- can someone tell me how this option to ignore a topic was presented -- i.e. where the choice to do that was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version