ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (15/81) > >>

phitsc:
I think your "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic' was not ticked" is the default -- and sensibly so, right? this option if checked will send you notifications by email automatically for every thread you ever post to.
-mouser (August 31, 2015, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, for me that makes perfect sense. If I post on a thread I want to know if someone replied or posted on that same thread. But then I do not post or reply that much ;)

ps: now, after changing these settings I assume, I got notified about the reply.
ps2: smilies not working yet?

phitsc:
ah, they do work, but not in the preview  :)

mouser:
Well, for me that makes perfect sense. If I post on a thread I want to know if someone replied or posted on that same thread. But then I do not post or reply that much
--- End quote ---
i hear ya -- i'm not saying its not a reasonable thing to enable -- just don't think it's a good default for all users.

ps: now, after changing these settings I assume, I got notified about the reply.
--- End quote ---
this still troubles me -- i wonder if notifications are not working for others until they change settings..

smilies not working in preview: It's a little strange they don't work in the preview -- i'll look into that.

dr_andus:
In the "Info Center - Active Topics" section would it be possible to re-enable the feature where it shows "Re:" at the start of the title for posts that are replies (as opposed to brand new threads without any replies)? This made it possible to distinguish at first sight between a new post without replies, and an older discussion with new replies.

Another more general point: the first thing I do when I visit the forum is scroll down to the very bottom to see what's latest in the "Info Center - Active Topics" section. I don't know how many other forum users do that, but if a lot or most of them, then from a usability point of view it might be better to have that section at the very top, so there is no need for all that scrolling. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the upgrade, Mouser!

mouser:
Smileys not working in preview should be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version