ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (14/81) > >>

mouser:
I do not get any update notifications any more. Has that been reported?
--- End quote ---
no, that's the first i've heard.
anyone else?

have you checked your profile options for notifications to see if anything looks weird?

phitsc:
'Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic' was not ticked. While I don't know if I ever enabled that myself, I know for sure that I always got updates after I replied in a thread.
'For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of' was set to 'Moderation only if I started the topic'. I guess 'Replies and moderation' would make more sense as a default? (I don't think I ever changed that either)

lanux128:
The mobile version looks fine on my Android. Great work, mouser!

mouser:
Ok, so a couple of thoughts:
I probably reset some customization options when i upgraded the forum, so users who have customized some settings may find them set to the new default.
I think your "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic' was not ticked" is the default -- and sensibly so, right? this option if checked will send you notifications by email automatically for every thread you ever post to.

Now the last item sounds like maybe that default is badly set; it sounds like its making notifications basically useless, yeah? that the default should be "'Replies and moderation' ".  Let me look into it and change the default if so.

ACTUALLY: You know i'm thinking that this option is maybe just worded poorly -- the default option may mean to send emails on all replies *AND* "Moderation only if i started topic" -- which would mean that the default IS a reasonable default setting.  That is, the default should be sending you notifications on new replies, as i understand it.

Let me know what behavior you observe, phitsc.

mouser:
The mobile version looks fine on my Android. Great work, mouser!
--- End quote ---
Awesome.  Mostly thanks to the smf folks but i worked quite a bit on making the forum theme more responsive (slimming down when screen is small), so i'm happy to hear it looks reasonable.

The main website will soon (in 30 days or so?) be completely moved to cms and it will also be responsive/mobile friendly -- we have that working well already.  So looks like we are on the right path.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version