ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (13/81) > >>

mouser:
There are two basic techniques to stopping spam:

* Prevent the spammer from ever getting a chance to post their spam content -- with things like captchas or requiring moderator approval on first post, or automated spam-recognition tools, etc.
* Detecting and removing spam content quickly with the help of a human.
In general, because of the high annoyance factor with technique #1 -- and the high chance of false positives, and confusing new posters, DC has always favored mild captchas and early-stopping techniques, and leaned heavily on technique #2, with some custom code to help alert moderators quickly to suspicious stuff, and remove it expeditiously.

Usually this means that a spam message is posted and then removed within minutes due to a quick moderator -- but occasionally a spammer will sneak through while all the moderators are sleeping -- despite our odd and overlapping sleep hours :)

After the new forum upgrade settles in we will get some more tools in place to exterminate the spam varmin..

anandcoral:
Got the new Forum look today. Looks good. Color combination also soothing. Congratulation to Mouser and all members. :Thmbsup:

Went around the forum and found some points as below,

1. Minor spelling mistake in "Still have questions?  Don't hesitate to context us ([email protected])."
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5nng6uuiplk2pq0doklu10e1i5&action=register

2. The guest image, if temporary then ok, else I will suggest some blank face type image there.
Why he is happy so much in this era of privacy concerns from NSA to Win10 ? Or is he "she" ?

3. The thread page numbers make difficult to click, at least for me.  Pages: prev | 1 2 [3] | bottom | last
I find difficult in positioning my mouse cursor at '1' or '2', say. Can we make it bit wider with space, box etc. ?

I found the "Print" option of message thread very useful. All messages in one long page and one can find any text too.  :Thmbsup:  Many times I needed to find my apps name for any bug fixes mentioned in another thread, say.

Regards,

Anand

4wd:
And to add a request if possible; a Powershell Code Highlighter if there's one available?
--- End quote ---
done.
-mouser (August 31, 2015, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks but I have a question, it seems to be the same as generic, ie. no highlighting - is that correct?

eg. I edited my post here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=41467.msg387444#msg387444

Also, I don't know if this is normal or not but the code tag comes out as:
--- Code: Text ---[code= powershell]
ie. there's a space between the = and powershell, tried removing it but it didn't make any difference.

MilesAhead:
Is there a setting to show newest posts at top of threads?
I can't find it if so.

Edit:  Found it.  Never mind.  :)

phitsc:
I do not get any update notifications any more. Has that been reported?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version