ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (10/81) > >>

mouser:
Having to click OK on that dialog box each time you want to display an attached image is annoying.
--- End quote ---

well my assumption was that the attach image button is just basically a reminder of syntax -- most people attaching images regularly wont be using that button.

that button is just there to give you a hint/reminder/example if you don't know (or forget) how to put an image inside your post.

wraith808:
there was a big dropdown in text on inserting attachments with different types.
--- End quote ---
ah yes, i remember that now.. perhaps i will bring that back.

or i will just elaborate the text that is shown when you hit the image button (far left button on 2nd row of bbc buttons) to explain how to use the different tags.
-mouser (August 30, 2015, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Having to click OK on that dialog box each time you want to display an attached image is annoying.
-Deozaan (August 30, 2015, 06:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed.

Deozaan:
well my assumption was that the attach image button is just basically a reminder of syntax -- most people attaching images regularly wont be using that button.-mouser (August 30, 2015, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I disagree. It's easier to click that button a few times than have to manually type [attachthumb=#] five times. In the past, I pretty much always used the dropdown menu to get the text in the text area at least once, then I might just copy and paste it the remaining time.

But yeah, I used that button/menu a lot.

EDIT: Oh hey, I just noticed the links down by the "Choose File" button that will automatically add the text for me. OK. I'm satisfied now. :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix:
well my assumption was that the attach image button is just basically a reminder of syntax -- most people attaching images regularly wont be using that button.-mouser (August 30, 2015, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I disagree. It's easier to click that button a few times than have to manually type [attachthumb=#] five times. In the past, I pretty much always used the dropdown menu to get the text in the text area at least once, then I might just copy and paste it the remaining time.

But yeah, I used that button/menu a lot.

EDIT: Oh hey, I just noticed the links down by the "Choose File" button that will automatically add the text for me. OK. I'm satisfied now. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (August 30, 2015, 07:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I'm still lost! Maybe I'm a GUI Menu kinda guy, but I just preferred picking my attach type because all I see are Thumbs and can't for ex see how to get inline full and stuff.

Deozaan:
Well I'm still lost! Maybe I'm a GUI Menu kinda guy, but I just preferred picking my attach type because all I see are Thumbs and can't for ex see how to get inline full and stuff.
-TaoPhoenix (August 30, 2015, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

So you want to attach something that's not a thumb? Try taking the "thumb" out of "attachthumb" :Thmbsup:

[attach=#]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version