ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Forum Upgraded August 30, 2015 - Report issues here

<< < (41/81) > >>

mouser:
You may be looking at an Avast (or other antivirus product) inserted certificate :o
--- End quote ---
Ath, can you explain, i don't get it.

Jibz:
Some AV programs insert their own certificate in your browser and man-in-the-middle your HTTPS connections in order to be able to scan/filter them.

The ones I've seen are usually not using the best encryption, probably because they only serve to re-encrypt the traffic locally for your browser.

TaoPhoenix:
^ Ah okay - you had moved the info-center - I thought you were talking about the default setting.

I still wonder if the info-center / active-thread should be on top in the default setting (I guess it would have to be separated from the other info, but dont know really - must try it at the top myself, see how I like it).
-tomos (September 03, 2015, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Try it Tom, because at whatever level of fanciness you work on, "nothing else matters". The scripts behind it are Turbo Fast at collecting posts, and if you look at time stamps (in the same area) you know that if you check it 4x a day you're mostly caught up. At worst, if you *know* there's a thread missing like my Ludum Dare adventures, you turn to one of the bigger pages and find it. But it really is damn close to a Golden Mean to keep reg DC folks updated.

TaoPhoenix:
Not sure if it has been reported, but I seem to be missing the indication on icons next to posts that shows I participated in them.
-Jibz (September 02, 2015, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

i think i removed these in my effort to streamline and reduce noise..  any thoughts on a good way to bring them back -- assuming folks find them important (i didn't).

i should say there is a nice new page under the Go To menu for showing topics you started or topics you participated in, which i do think is useful.
-mouser (September 02, 2015, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try this perspective.

There's a "quick post" - someone bangs off an easy note.
But if they hit "Preview" (or hits Post and Modify! I'm *terrible* for that!!*) , it brings up bigger ranges of things ... so go full suite. No shortcuts. Images are kinda a thing here. I for one am so not a fan of Google's "let's strip out a third of your options and make the rest into a gear icon".

So if we get as far as "Preview" or "Post/Modify", then give us a full powered image insertion engine with everything anyone could want in three ways. It's a Penny Wise - Pound Foolish problem. You spent YEARS planning out how to deal with tour growing maze code. So don't go all "slim streamlined because Google made no one want a waist size bigger than 28" approach.

We're DC. You're Mouser, the Minor Deity. You just got the biggest fundraiser in DC history. (Or close). So let's not get too fancy with "you should know how to do X". That's what sinks a lot of small projects. DC is just about to get a notch bigger somehow. So put it in. I posted an example earlier. I couldn't duplicate the ease of the old system with less than 10 min of hard sharp work with keywords.

We like Images (in our own form of moderation). Arizona Hot posts very little else. I've thundered across the web that our Basement is like very little anywhere else on the web and fixes like 30 mod problems. So let's do another one. Put in a full scale Image insertion engine. I was happy with the drop down. But you noticed I had to change my sig and even then it didn't work right.

((Post and Mod. See? I just did it. Because I have been burned WAY too many times working on a post and diff servers have diff time out periods and then your browser crashes and loses it all! Better post part of a comment and tweak it, than wreck your time!)

This Paren is for xkcd fans
)

JavaJones:
^ Ah okay - you had moved the info-center - I thought you were talking about the default setting.

I still wonder if the info-center / active-thread should be on top in the default setting (I guess it would have to be separated from the other info, but dont know really - must try it at the top myself, see how I like it).
-tomos (September 03, 2015, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Try it Tom, because at whatever level of fanciness you work on, "nothing else matters". The scripts behind it are Turbo Fast at collecting posts, and if you look at time stamps (in the same area) you know that if you check it 4x a day you're mostly caught up. At worst, if you *know* there's a thread missing like my Ludum Dare adventures, you turn to one of the bigger pages and find it. But it really is damn close to a Golden Mean to keep reg DC folks updated.
-TaoPhoenix (September 03, 2015, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or just use Unread: All and always *know* you're up to date... right? I'm confused why people like the other approach frankly. It seems haphazard. But I've certainly come to realize that my consistent use of Unread: All pages is not really the norm, so maybe I'm the weirdo. :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version