ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Ark: Survival Evolved is free for the weekend on Steam (through Aug 31, 2015)

<< < (2/4) > >>

coolng:
so its a typical free during weekend promo or you get to keep it forever? well just asking since it does not mention on steam page

Deozaan:
I take it you're recommending it?  Why?  What do you like about it?  Just curious... I've been thinking, but it's priced too high right now for me to take a chance on it with the limited things I've seen.-wraith808 (August 28, 2015, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

This game gets mentioned a lot and is consistently on the top sellers' list on Steam. Among the praises are "attentive devs" and "survival world done right". Btw, I don't own this game yet but this free weekend seemed like a good time to give it a try. So after about an hour during this free weekend promo, it certainly has piqued my interest, whether I continue or not is another thing though.
-lanux128 (August 28, 2015, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had a pretty lackluster first experience with the game earlier today. So far I'm not impressed. This is one of the main reasons why I avoid Early Access games. They basically make you pay them for the privilege of beta (or alpha) testing their game.

But I'll try to get some more play time in this weekend and see if I'm at all interested in the game once the promo ends.

so its a typical free during weekend promo or you get to keep it forever? well just asking since it does not mention on steam page
-coolng (August 29, 2015, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Free weekend" generally means it's like a free rental. Other terms such as "Free for 48 hours" usually mean free forever if you get it within the special offer time period.

And just in case that didn't clear things up for you, in the case of ARK this weekend it means free during the weekend promo.

wraith808:
And just in case that didn't clear things up for you, in the case of ARK this weekend it means free during the weekend promo.
-Deozaan (August 29, 2015, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

And this is the reason I usually don't try them... unless I'm thinking of imminently purchasing, or the size is small.  Downloading a demo to the tune of multi-GB downloads just doesn't seem productive to me.

lanux128:
And this is the reason I usually don't try them... unless I'm thinking of imminently purchasing, or the size is small.  Downloading a demo to the tune of multi-GB downloads just doesn't seem productive to me.-wraith808 (August 29, 2015, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's an initial 6GB download and like any online-only game, it's best to play with people you know rather than a bunch of strangers from the internet.

coolng:
thank for clearing things up for me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version