ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PhraseExpander Professional for PC 79% off $29.99

<< < (4/4)

dhous:
I thought it could be interesting for somebody to give it a try as there has not been discount like this for ages (I think back in 2014 or so). I have been truly unable to find anything active since. I use PhraseExpress and I am a bound to it as its export features are crippled (I know that Phrase Expander have some migration tool available). Both two previous work perfectly at home but are pretty useless when you have corporate restricted PC access - either no USB version (Pexp) or USB write restriction (PE needs to create xml on start up). Hence recently I realised that only Breevy does the work at best (btw new version should launch early) when one sets it up to work along Citrixvia clipboard.
I use them for medical reports as it speeds up the turnaround time together with my collection of canned reports.
Sorry for 2 posts only - I am usually just checking discounts forum here.

wraith808:
I thought it could be interesting for somebody to give it a try as there has not been discount like this for ages (I think back in 2014 or so). I have been truly unable to find anything active since. I use PhraseExpress and I am a bound to it as its export features are crippled (I know that Phrase Expander have some migration tool available). Both two previous work perfectly at home but are pretty useless when you have corporate restricted PC access - either no USB version (Pexp) or USB write restriction (PE needs to create xml on start up). Hence recently I realised that only Breevy does the work at best (btw new version should launch early) when one sets it up to work along Citrixvia clipboard.
I use them for medical reports as it speeds up the turnaround time together with my collection of canned reports.
Sorry for 2 posts only - I am usually just checking discounts forum here.

-dhous (August 27, 2015, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's fine.  Thank you for posting it, as it created interesting conversation! 

I think what Curt was alluding to was the fact that some accounts are drive bys, that post a link and don't participate.  As a supporting member, you've already participated even if you haven't been verbally participating.  And any level of participation- from posts, to money, to time- is, I think, appreciated.  That's what makes DC works.  And I, for one, look forward to your next informative post!  You might only have 2 (3 now), but they've introduced welcome information, so your signal-to-noise ratio is very low, unlike some of us that post nonsense just for fun :)  Who... me?  :huh:

In a nutshell, you're very welcome, no matter how much you participate.  8) :Thmbsup:

ScreenManiac:
You might care to look at John Knowles' ABCZ Typing Abbreviation System for one rational approach to choosing short forms.

There are many threads on DC about text expanders and similar applications - worth reviewing, though many are getting old, and some are heated.  For all the software they mention, they aren't complete.  Text expanders and similar products are quite a big category, though a requirement for portability winnows them out.
-rjbull (August 25, 2015, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
And thanks again for that link. Great guidelines.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version