ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Forte Notation free until Sep 14

(1/2) > >>

x16wda:
Thanks Gizmo for this tip! (from this link)

I've written before about Forte Notation. It's a program which turns your PC into an electronic sheet of music paper (that stuff with rows of 5 lines on it). You can compose music, and listen to it, just by dragging and dropping notes into the correct place with your mouse. Keep dragging, and moving any note that doesn't sound right, until you end up with a tune you like.

Forte Notation has always been available as a limited-feature freeware edition. But until September 14th 2015, in order to celebrate half a million downloads, the company is now giving away full licences to the Basic edition. This normally costs $24, and has a number of features that the free version does not. You can export your composition as a wave file, for example, to play on any PC. And you can have more notes, verses, staves and so on.

To grab this $24 program for free, head to http://www.fortenotation.com/en/lp/giveaway/ and enter your email address. You'll then receive a download link to the program, and a licence key (which you'll need immediately in order to install the program).

IainB:
@x16wda: Thanks for posting this!   :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
I got it.  Thanks for the heads up.   :up:

ScreenManiac:
 :Thmbsup: Thanks. Much appreciated.

IainB:
Just a heads up reminder that this offer expires on Sep.14 2015, so the window is about to close. I gather it's been on offer since April - 6 months isn't a bad run.
I've played about with it a bit now. It's very nifty software - e.g., you can import some audio files like (say) .MID/.MIDI, and FORTE can generate the music sheet from the input.

Link is here: http://www.fortenotation.com/en/2015/08/now-you-can-grab-forte-basic-a-24-value-for-free/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version