ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The stupid windows 10

<< < (4/4)

Innuendo:
My question with windows 11 is this :

Can Microsoft sells that version is windows 10 have no cost ?
 :o-Contro (August 23, 2015, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Easy answer to that question. There will be no Windows 11. This will affect be the last version of Windows. It will evolve going forward and people can buy a license for Windows, but Windows is no longer a product. Going forward it is a service.

Oh, but how will Microsoft make money? By advertising and upselling other products as well as taking their cut from everything sold in the Windows Store. The money they made off of the OS mostly came from enterprises and the sale of new Windows devices anyway. Those revenue streams will remain unchanged.

Contro:
My question with windows 11 is this :

Can Microsoft sells that version is windows 10 have no cost ?
 :o-Contro (August 23, 2015, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Easy answer to that question. There will be no Windows 11. This will affect be the last version of Windows. It will evolve going forward and people can buy a license for Windows, but Windows is no longer a product. Going forward it is a service.

Oh, but how will Microsoft make money? By advertising and upselling other products as well as taking their cut from everything sold in the Windows Store. The money they made off of the OS mostly came from enterprises and the sale of new Windows devices anyway. Those revenue streams will remain unchanged.

-Innuendo (August 23, 2015, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure.

The technique is not new. And have been criticized by Microsoft in the past.

I only criticized any company bigger than my townhall.

Money calls money going to less hands.

Who wants an operating systems doing everything ?

:P

TaoPhoenix:

-Innuendo (August 23, 2015, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

"The people in charge of PlaysForSure and the Zune have been hired for the marketing of Windows 10."

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version