ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

use your own definition of malware w Outpost 9.1!

<< < (2/2)

Innuendo:
^yeah, I know the feeling; "this is too good to last"...-Curt (March 02, 2014, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't even tell that OSS is running. That's how good it is. And I can usually always tell when security software is running in the background. There are usually 'micro-lags' when opening files and such.

Hmm...wonder if OSS is even doing anything at all?  ;D

Curt:
^ ;D

But you're right: In the past I had absolutely no doubt when a security program was scanning the computer; everything would either freeze or at least get slow. Now I am always in for a surprise: "Outpost scanner found nothing" (that's not the surprise!), goes the popup. "Oh, my computer was scanned while ("whilst") I was using it, and I didn't even notice?" (that's the surprise)! Yep, you're right, Innuendo, there is cause to wonder if in fact it is doing anything at all! hahaha.

Curt:
Outpost has not been working with Windows 10 on my machine, so I am exited Agnitum finally has "something" ready for W10:

Agnitum Outpost v9.2 BETA
Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.2 Build number: 4843.708.2042.604 Release Date: 08.24.2015

What's New:

Improvements
• Windows 10 support
• Installation on a clean system with no need to reboot
• Optimized performance of the application rating process

Fixed issues:
• Eliminated system lags during application rating process previously revealed by several applications
• Fixed an occasional service crash after quitting the hybernation mode
• Fixed an issue of applying exceptions while the antivirus operates with network resources
• Eliminated an occasional BSOD when attempting to deactivate specific types of malware
• Fixed an occasional service crash when attempting to deactivate specific types of malware
• Fixed an issue of protection components management in the main window
• Fixed an issue of detecting malware objects during context scanning
• Fixed display of base update time in the main window
• Fixed an issue of occasional control channel overflow in the driver when downloading torrents.

Download BETA: http://www.agnitum.com/

--- End quote ---

Innuendo:
Been running this for awhile with good results. The first beta they released at the end of July (I'm one of their beta testers) did *not* play well with my machine at all.

This release is a little sluggish in spots, but I'm sure they'll iron those out before release.

Easily one of the best, smartest purchases I've ever made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version