ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

create shortlinks to urls in a folder from a txt file with the url list

<< < (3/12) > >>

Contro:
This addon have a comment suggesting what we want :

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/save-my-tabs/

by alexg on April 4, 2015 · permalink · translate

suggestion:
- add an option of never auto saving
- add a manual save option of all urls (as button and as context menu) to a selected folder

:-*

I supposed is not a bookmark folder....
 :o

IainB:
The OP says: "...create shortlinks to urls in a folder ...in the desktop of our election ... from a txt file with the url list.
I have to ask:

* Why?
* What will you do with/How will you access/use those shortlinks in that folder?
* What's wrong with using Bookmarks?
Also, yes, your making 3 or so overlapping posts on the same subject is somewhat confusing.

4wd:
I have to ask:

* What will you do with/How will you access/use those shortlinks in that folder?-IainB (August 23, 2015, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

OpenURL as he mentions here.

Also, yes, your making 3 or so overlapping posts on the same subject is somewhat confusing.
--- End quote ---

Making multiple posts a few minutes apart doesn't really help either, (Contro, not you IainB :) ).

So to sum up:

* A program to copy the URLs of open tabs to a text file. - Apparently solved
* A program to create shortcuts in a folder on the Desktop, of the URLs listed in a text file.
* A program to create shortcuts in a folder on the Desktop, of the URLs of the tabs open in Firefox.

Contro:
I have found this. For me is difficult, but I am sure is a possible way to do it :

Shortcut v1.11 (Shortcut.exe)   Last Updated: 07/04/2005

Allows you to create, modify or query Windows shell links (shortcuts) from the command-line. You can export the properties of an existing shortcut to a text file in .INI format. Use 'Shortcut /?' to view the syntax.

Requirements: Windows 95 or later
Compiled from Language: C++

from shorcuts creator

If from AHK is possible to go across a txt file (I know is possible) , then executing the shortcut.exe for every line

do while .not. eof() or something similar
enddo

:-[

Contro:
Another possible way to face the problem is :

Creating multiple Windows URL shortcuts from a bookmarks HTML file

4wd has defined me perfectly well.

I also make myself the same questions IainB does .

I have many possible answers of course but one of them is because the window folder, window file are the most simple concepts from the operating systema DOS 6.0 .

I have lost in the past a lot of time because every program and every system tries to remain me captive of formats and special transitions.

That's why i am trying in this "more simple way" that turn into a confusional and difficult way .

But is my way.

We process information : A good friend of mine, with limited knowledges, use the windows folders and files as a sort of powerful database.

When he need something he goes to his folders.....

:-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version