ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

create shortlinks to urls in a folder from a txt file with the url list

<< < (4/12) > >>

Contro:
Recently I updates one of the pc to windows 8.1
Then i have to recover my bookmarks for : opera, ie (now Edge no se que más...) , firefox, chrome, safari,.... )

I want folders that will go fine with OpenURL under any version of operating systems.

Contro:
This may be a good link for a good programmer :  good link

:-[

4wd:
Disclaimer: The following is an example of how it could be done using Powershell v3+.  It has no error checking, >>> no support <<<.

Purely done to give someone else an idea and because I needed the mental exercise.

It uses information and script from:
Get list of open tabs
Remove illegal characters
Creating Desktop shortcuts

It will create a folder called Tabs-yyyymmddhhmmss on the Desktop, it will create shortcuts using the first 15 (if possible) characters of the page title plus a random number between 1 and 1000, eg. All Unread Topi_44.url purely as a simple method to try and avoid name collision.

It's been tested on Firefox 40.0.2 and will probably work on other Mozilla based browsers providing you point it to the equivalent JSON file and it's object order is the same, (otherwise just edit the object references).

NOTE: The creation/updating of the session file, (recovery.js), lags a little behind what you see in the browser, (up to about 30 seconds or so).

Tested with portable browsers.

It requires Powershell v3.0+

It can be run using the icon or from the CLI: powershell.exe -noprofile -executionpolicy bypass -File "<path to>\JSON2Shortcut.ps1"

DO NOT forget to edit the icon properties if it's not in the same folder as the Powershell script.

BIGGER DISCLAIMER: It worked on my system, it's guaranteed you'll say it doesn't work on yours.  Reread the first line.

Updated, see this post - now outputs to shortcuts and/or text file.

Contro:
Just trying with no support
 ;D :tellme:

Contro:
It seems i have already powershell. Trying to locate :

"Installing Windows PowerShell on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

Windows PowerShell 3.0 arrives installed, configured, and ready to use. Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is installed and enabled. For information about starting Windows PowerShell, see Starting Windows PowerShell on Windows 8 and Starting Windows PowerShell on Windows Server 2012."

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version