ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Folder File Count and Move

<< < (2/2)

ConstanceJill:
Yeah, I've noticed the command line can have issues with unicode character names when using the default encoding, so indeed, using a CHCP command at the beginning to change it can help.

It would be "CHCP 65001" for UTF-8, you'll also need to change the display font to Lucida Console (or that least according to some other threads) if you want to have those names displayed correctly (if/when applicable).

Edit : well that's weird, I seem to remember having this trick work a while ago on my computer, but today it doesn't want to display Japanese characters correctly in the console :/

4wd:
I'd give chcp 28591 a go, it's worked for me with various accented characters, (corresponds to ISO 8859-1 Latin 1; Western European (ISO)).

magician62:
I think some of the issues were with folders beginning with " ", which obviously shouldn't be there in the first place. I still need to investigate, but it may just be as easy to do a quick rename and deal with them in later processing as they are less than 0.5% of the folders processed. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version