ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Weird Firefox hangs since 40.x?

<< < (3/3)

Curt:
My Firefox with Adobe Flash version 19 started hanging on YouTube, so I cheked for Flash update and was told my version 19 was older than version 18. I downdated and the browsing was smooth again. In the local school (here in Copenhagen, Denmark) they are no longer counting from one to ten (1-10), but are seriously teaching the kids to count from naught to nine (0-9). There's something rotten in the kingdom of Denmark, as well as in the kingdom of Adobe. I am feeling sad.
 :o

:tellme:

MilesAhead:
My Firefox with Adobe Flash version 19 started hanging on YouTube, so I cheked for Flash update and was told my version 19 was older than version 18. I downdated and the browsing was smooth again. In the local school (here in Copenhagen, Denmark) they are no longer counting from one to ten (1-10), but are seriously teaching the kids to count from naught to nine (0-9). There's something rotten in the kingdom of Denmark, as well as in the kingdom of Adobe. I am feeling sad.
 :o
[ Invalid Attachment ]
 :tellme:

-Curt (September 17, 2015, 03:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't have flash problems so much as the thing goes unresponsive for no apparent reason.  I open a tab when only one is open and everything freezes either for 20 seconds or I have to kill it.  I don't remember FF being this funky.  Slimjet chrome works better but it uses more CPU and doesn't have as many AddOns as I would like.

MilesAhead:
I disabled uBlock Origin and installed AdBlockPlus instead.  So far it hasn't gone unresponsive.  It still fights me when I try to scroll.  But at least it works.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version