ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Using alias action keywords

(1/1)

skajfes:
I am wondering is it possible to use alias action modifier keywords but to use the selected file's directory as an argument for the action, istead of the full filename?

I have an alias setup to search my projects folder, only for sln files. This is my use case:

--- ---Input:
cc demo

Result:
C:\projects\MyProject\MyProjectDemo.sln
C:\projects\Other\DemoOther.sln

Now, I want to be able to append +cmd to the search string and basically the results don't change, but if I press enter on one of the results, I would get a command prompt open in the folder containing the selected sln file.

skajfes:
Also, there is an option to "show action modifier label on 1 result".
Is it possible to show action modifier label on all results?

Nod5:
I am wondering is it possible to use alias action modifier keywords but to use the selected file's directory as an argument for the action, istead of the full filename?
-skajfes (August 18, 2015, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not sure, maybe there's no built in way to do that. How about this autohotkey workaround? Save as test.ahk and compile:

--- ---file = %1%
ifnotexist, %file%
 exitapp
SplitPath, file,, dir
if GetKeyState("Shift")
 Run, cmd.exe , %dir%
else
 Run, %1%
Then change the alias to run test.exe with the whole filepath as alias. If you hold down shift while pressing enter on a result for that alias in FARR the script should open a command window in the files folder, if not then it will execute the file. Note: I haven't tested it, but I think it'll work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version