ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OnLive.com has shut down.......

(1/2) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Well....Talk about annoyed....Here I am, sat watching crap on Youtube when I see a clip from the early 1900's which gave me a craving to boot up OnLive so I can play some Mafia II (I have bought several games via OnLive) - Much to my disappointment I learned that they have shut down, and because it was a streaming service I no longer have access to the things I paid for...

This...is exactly the reason I fucking HATE not having hard copies...and also the reason I hate this "Always Online" bullshit the games industry force upon us...It will also be the last time I buy a game that doesn't come with a direct download that I can play even if a service shuts down.

After five years of uninterrupted service, the OnLive Game Service comes to an end.
Sony has acquired important parts of OnLive. Due to the sale, all OnLive services were discontinued as of April 30, 2015.

As the first-ever game streaming service of its kind, everyone who has ever played a game using OnLive has contributed to the technology and its evolution in some way. We’re immensely proud of what’s been achieved and extend our heartfelt gratitude to you for being a part of the OnLive Game Service.

Thank you from all of us at –
OL2, Inc. (aka, OnLive)
--- End quote ---

http://onlive.com/

wraith808:
Were you on regularly?  I would just be surprised if you paid for content and there wasn't a migration plan put in before 4/30.

KynloStephen66515:
Were you on regularly?  I would just be surprised if you paid for content and there wasn't a migration plan put in before 4/30.
-wraith808 (August 16, 2015, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I last loaded it up around Feb/March time, and there was absolutely no mention of it (via the client at least).

IainB:
I hate to say this, but there has to be a moral in here somewhere...

KynloStephen66515:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/you-re-basically-screwed-if-you-used-onlive/1100-6426392/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version