ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is Windows 10 a trojan?

<< < (12/12)

dr_andus:
Windows 10, Friend or Foe - from WinPatrol

Now, we’ve discovered yet another reason to be unhappy with Windows 10. We were receiving many reports about our products, WinAntiRansom and WinPrivacy, not starting on Windows 10 computers. When we dug into it we discovered that on many Windows 10 computers, the DCOM service was failing to start and when that happened, Windows 10 failed to even attempt to start any of the remaining scheduled services. Or, worse, the remaining services would all timeout without starting making it look as if they were in error. In addition, we have seen evidence recently that this issue is working its way into Windows 8 computers as Microsoft ports code back to the older operating systems. As of yet, we are not seeing much traffic about this issue on Windows 7.
--- End quote ---

I do hope MS won't 'reverse-innovate' this into Windows 7. It's one thing to mess up your new beta product (or whatever Win10 is), but why propagate this backwards into an earlier product that works???? Moreover, I paid real money for my Win7 retail license, so I don't appreciate MS degrading the product I have already paid for. If they mess up my Win7, that will be my last Windows product I paid for.

Stoic Joker:
Then I think I misunderstood...sorry about that.  :-[-Shades (January 16, 2016, 06:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's Okay man, apparently...

Yesterday Windows f*****g 10 forcibly rebooted on me for an update. -Renegade (January 17, 2016, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Renegade missed my post about how to disable auto reboot too.. :D

40hz:
I just spent about 5 straight hours with a fresh install of Widows 10 this afternoon doing the "tech thing."

I was so completely unimpressed (when I wasn't getting completely enraged) by it that I think the last remaining and most miniscule misgiving I might have still been harboring about distancing myself from Windows has finally gotten exorcised once and for all.

To those who either choose to (or must) remain in Micro-zaftig's fold, I wish you luck.  :Thmbsup:

4wd:
Yesterday Windows f*****g 10 forcibly rebooted on me for an update. -Renegade (January 17, 2016, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Renegade missed my post about how to disable auto reboot too.. :D
-Stoic Joker (January 18, 2016, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, to be fair to Renegade, your post was after his  :P

EDIT:  Oops! My bad, he's referring to another one  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version