ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Ultimate Zip 7.0 [free]

<< < (3/3)

Ath:
Does anyone have even 1 useful/compelling argument for using a non-free zip-file 'manager'? As I have been unable to detect one. (this isn't sarcastic!)
-Ath (August 18, 2015, 03:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, yes. WinRar. If you're into the rar-format and it's advantages, that is.
-ScreenManiac (August 18, 2015, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, that's the format I avoid using, as I have to distribute stuff to some that are limited to Windows' builtin unzipper :huh:.
And for all others I'm using 7-zip as it does pack dense enough and in package-types (tar.gz, 7z, zip) that can be unpacked on HP-UX and Linux.
The only reason for rar would be the error-correction options, but most material I pack is reproducible, so recovery isn't a requirement per-sè.
And winrar has a dumb-founded unpack dialog that lets novice-users easily make wrong choices >:( but I wasn't asking for that ;D

mwb1100:
I use PowerArchivevr, but mainly because I bought a license years ago and it's a lifetime license.  PA is a nice package of archiving, backup, and even ISO mounting tools, but the main thing that keeps me using it is it's ability to encrypt archives including the names of the files in the archive.

I think that that capability has been added to the newer zip standard (zipx?), but back when I started using it in PA, the standard for encrypting zip archives left the directory of the archive unencrypted.

The developer of PA has an active support forum and the updates keep coming, so if you're looking for an archiver with a lot of features and good support, I'd recommend it.  But I'd suggest living with 7zip for a while first before paying for anything,

MilesAhead:
It seems the giveaway is on again if anyone wants it:
http://www.topsoftbargains.com/w/ultimatezip-7-0-discount-coupon-code/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version